(Recipe tweaked from Heather Cristo Cooks)
1 lb. rigatoni pasta
15 oz. ricotta cheese
8 oz. cream cheese
Fresh Black Pepper
5 cups marinara sauce (I like Ragu; any version can be used)
7-10 fresh basil leaves
1-1 1/4 cup finely shredded parmesan cheese
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Bring large pot of salted water to a boil. Add rigatoni and cook to 2 minutes shy of al dente. Drain and set aside.
- In a medium bowl combine ricotta and cream cheese, stirring til well combined or use hand mixer. Season with kosher salt and black pepper.
- Put the cheese in a pastry bag of Ziploc and snip the end off. Pipe the room temperature cheese into the rigatoni noodles.
- Pour 2 cups of sauce on the bottom of a 10″ skillet. followed by the basil leaves.
- Line up the noodles in a circle; the shape of the skillet, one layer at a time.
- When all the noodles are in the pan pour the remaining sauce over the top of the noodles.
- Sprinkle parmesan of the top of the sauce and bake for about 15 minutes or until cheese is completely melted and browning.
- Serve hot w/ garlic bread!
Prep. Time: 20-30 minutes
Cooking Time: 25 minutes
I was in a rush when made this as I started dinner late due to having to do an interview w/ potential client so forgot to take at least the skillet view picture. I took this picture after starting in on my bowl so check back for updated pics at a later date as I will redo this recipe soon.